Lei Li is a Postdoctoral Research Assistant at the Institute of Biomedical Engineering, University of Oxford. She received her PhD degree from the School of Biomedical Engineering, Shanghai Jiao Tong University in 2021 and obtained the SJTU 2021 Outstanding Doctoral Graduate Development Scholarship. During her PhD, she was a visiting PhD student at Fudan University and King’s College London, respectively. She received her bachelor’s degree in Department of Medical Information Engineering, Sichuan University, in 2016.
Her research interest is artificial intelligence based medical image analysis for healthcare. Specifically, she is focusing on developing novel computational algorithms for cardiac image computing, multi-modality image computing, and cardiac digital twins. She has already published more than 30 papers in peer-reviewed journals and interregnal conferences, including MedIA, IEEE TMI, and MICCAI. Some of these works have been selected as the most popular cited paper in MedIA and TMI. She is a Board member of Women in MICCAI (WiM) and Editorial Board Member of the Journal of Medical Artificial Intelligence. She has been co-organizer of four MICCAI challenge events, including LAScarQS 2022, MyoPS 2020, MS-CMRSeg 2019, and MM-WHS 2017. She is a reviewer for many journals and conferences, including MedIA, IEEE TPAMI, IEEE TMI, IEEE TBME, Neural Networks, Neurocomputing, ISBI, IPMI, MIDL, and MICCAI, and obtained IEEE TMI Distinguished Reviewer (2020-2022).
I am on the academic job market for faculty positions in AI/ML/MIC for healthcare! Please feel free to reach out if you have potential job opportunities. CV
- 08/2021-now Postdoctoral Research Assistant, Institute of Biomedical Engineering, University of Oxford, Oxford, UK (Supervisor: Professor Vicente Grau)
- 09/2016-06/2021 PhD, School of Biomedical Engineering, Shanghai Jiao Tong University, Shanghai, China (Supervisor:Professor Xiahai Zhuang)
- 12/2019-03/2021 Visiting PhD, School of Biomedical Engineering & Imaging Sciences, King’s College London, London, UK (Supervisor: Professor Julia A Schnabel)
- 12/2017-12/2019 Visiting PhD, School of Data Science, Fudan University, Shanghai, China (Supervisor: Professor Xiahai Zhuang)
- 09/2012-06/2016 Bachelor, Dept. Medical Information Engineering, Sichuan University, Chengdu, China (Related Academics: Gang Yang)
- 15/02/2023 Invited talk “Artificial Intelligence in Cardiac Image Computing and Modeling”, which is hosted by Prof. Evangelos B. Mazomenos at University College London.
- 08/12/2022 Invited talk “Domain Generalization and Distributed Learning for Left Atrial Segmentation from Multi-Center LGE-MRI”, in Turing workshop on Human-AI Interaction in Bio-Medicine.
- 18/09/2022 Oral presenter in STACOM 2022 for the paper “Deep Computational Model for the Inference of Ventricular Activation Properties”. Video
- 17/06/2022 Invited posters at SmartHeart Conference 2022.
- 12/04/2022 Invited talk “Left Atrial LGE MRI Computing for Atrial Fibrillation” at MICS (in Chinese). PPT; Video
- 27/09/2021 Oral presenter in M&Ms-2 for the paper “Right Ventricular Segmentation from Short- and Long-Axis MRIs via Information Transition”. Video
- Editorial Board Member: Journal of Medical Artificial Intelligence
- Board Member: Women in MICCAI (WiM)
- Co-Organizer: LAScarQS 2022 Challenge: Left Atrial and Scar Quantification & Segmentation
- Co-Organizer: MyoPS 2020 Challenge: Myocardial Pathology Segmentation Combining Multi-sequence CMR
- Co-Organizer: MS-CMRSeg 2019 Challenge: Multi-sequence Cardiac MR Segmentation
- Co-Organizer: MM-WHS 2017 Challenge: Multi-modality Whole Heart Segmentation
- Scientific reviewer: Medical Image Analysis; IEEE Transactions on Medical Imaging; IEEE Transactions on Biomedical Engineering; Neurocomputing; IPMI 2021; ISBI 2022; MIDL 2022; MICCAI 2022; ISBI 2023